Hacker Inside Logo (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
How To Secure Your Hacking? To Never Get Caught [TUT]
- How hackers get caught.
- Hiding you and securing as "Hacker".
- Destroying your system logs.
- Setting up VPN - Making you anonymous.
Okay, let's begin!
1) How hackers get caught.
- First stuff that gives you away are "LOGS".
You need to know how events, application, and system logs work. If you dont, you can be easily caught!
The shell history will expose your actions.
Another giveaway is leaving a “:wq” in /var/log/messages or binarys.
- Your laziness will take you into problems.
NEVER HACK FROM HOME! Take your time, and go to net cafe or anywhere else apart from home. Logs will take you down!
- The code that you run on system will take you down. If you compile the code on target, libraries will give you away!
- If your victm, notice, that he is maybe hacked, or something is wrong.. He will ask from his ISP for IP logs, and if you dont use VPN, or if you hack from home, they will hunt you down.
- Thing, that takes you down 100% is BRAGGING. It is common problem of beginning hackers. They like to brag, to earn respect and reputation but NOT KNOWING that is the matter of minutes, hours mby days when they will be caught.
*Don't use hotmail. CIA Owns it.
2) Hiding and Securing you as "Hacker"
- Temporary guest accounts, unrestricted proxy servers, buggy Wingate servers, and anonymous accounts can keep hackers carefree.
*A young hacker is less likely to know all the little things that an expert hacker might know. Besides, the young hacker may be trying to impress others - and get a little careless about covering his tracks. This is why younger hackers are often caught.
*An older hacker, on the other hand, will rarely leave any tracks. They know how to use their slave's computers as a tool for a launching place to get into another computer.
There will always be hackers, and there will always be hackers in prison.
* DESTROY LOGS, REMOVE ALL YOUR TRACKS!
* DO NOT HACK AT HOME! USE VPN THAT SAVES NO LOGS!
HOW TO REMOVE YOUR SYSTEM LOGS:
Choose Start > Control Panel.
Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer.
In either pane of the Event Viewer window, right-click System and then select Clear All Events.
To save the current system log, click Yes when Windows returns the message, "Do you want to save 'System' before clearing it?", enter a file name for the saved system log file, and then click Save.
Virtual Private Network - VPN(Click on spoilers)
I will recommend you to use proXPN.
It is VPN that do not store logs.
ProXPN Windows installation:
(I used images from proXPN official website)
Just click "Agree" here to continue installation.
Let the installer run until completion.
Just click the "Finish" button to complete the installation.
Welcome to the proXPN client. Click the "Don't have an account?" link to create a new account.
Enter your email address and the password of your choice. Then check the license agreement checkbox and click the "I agree - create account" button.
Click "OK" to finish the account signup process in the software client.
Check your email for a greeting email from proXPN. In that email is a link which you will need to click in order to activate your free account. If it doesn't show up within a reasonable timeframe, make sure to check your spam folders. Once you've clicked the link in the email, your account should be active. Go ahead and click the "connect" button to connect to proXPN
Once you connect, the system tray icon will turn green. You're now surfing safe and secure, courtesy of proXPN.
And you are done with securing yourself.
Just to make sure, go check if you are truly anonimous ;)